These are some good recipes I've found through various sources. I am not a chef or food critic,
just a Mom who enjoys finding delicious recipes - so here they are.

And yes, just in case you wondered - any pictures you see here have been taken by my awesomely talented husband!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tilapia Lemon Parmesan


I'm not really a big fish person, but I was reading somewhere about how cheap and healthy Tilapia was and decided to look for a recipe to try it with. JACKPOT! This was so tasty - you've gotta try this!

2- 1/2 lbs.Tilapia fillets
2-4 tsp butter or margarine, softened
2 tsp fresh lemon juice

Lemon-Parmesan Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise (don't use low-fat or fat-free)
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice (I used bottled and it worked fine)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Garnish (if desired)
2 lemons, sliced fresh parsley

1. Rinse the tilapia fillets in cold water and drain thoroughly.
2. Top with butter or margarine and lemon juice.
3. Broil about 4 inches from the source of heat for approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
4. Top each portion with 1-2 Tbs of Lemon-Parmesan Sauce; broil 2-3 minutes or until sauce puffs and turns golden brown.
5. Place fillets on serving plate; garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.

Servings: 6

I got this recipe online from Rainforest Aquaculture.


No comments: