These are some good recipes I've found through various sources. I am not a chef or food critic,
just a Mom who enjoys finding delicious recipes - so here they are.

And yes, just in case you wondered - any pictures you see here have been taken by my awesomely talented husband!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Taco Salad

This tastes great and is quick and easy - just remember to allow time for it to marinate. If you want to save a few calories, this works fine with Fat-free Catalina and you can leave out the olives. Enjoy!

1 can diced tomatoes, drained (petite diced are my favorite)
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can green beans, drained
3 green onions, chopped
¾ cup Catalina dressing
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I like sharp cheddar)
¼ can olives, sliced
½ cup Fritos or tortilla chips
4 cups lettuce, shredded

1. Combine tomatoes, kidney beans, green beans, green onions and dressing in a bowl. Cover and marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.

2. After 3 hours of marinating, add cheese and olives. Add chips as desired and serve over lettuce.

Servings: 6

I got this recipe from a friend (Kristi) when I was first married.

No comments: