These are some good recipes I've found through various sources. I am not a chef or food critic,
just a Mom who enjoys finding delicious recipes - so here they are.

And yes, just in case you wondered - any pictures you see here have been taken by my awesomely talented husband!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies


Seriously - these are the BEST brownies I've had. They are so moist and delicious I have to share. I'm not a big fan of nuts in brownies, so I didn't add the pecans, but I left it in the recipe for those of you who like them.

3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chunks

1. In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter.

2. Add flour, vanilla and salt. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chunks. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool.

Yields: about 3 dozen

I found the recipe in the 2008 "Taste of Home - Prize Winning Recipes" and it says the recipe was contributed by Carol Prewett.

2 comments:

Rachel Brown said...

Becky
this is a great idea! i started downloading my posts into books with software at blurb.com so i can keep all this journaling i am doing. Then i saw they have a template for a recipe book so i had this thought about putting all our favorite recipes into one neat little book. Haven't had the time to accomplish it. those brownies look delicious and Mike, great photos.
lots of love,
Rachel

rachelsaysso said...

What a great idea! I love getting recipes that people have tried and loved. I can't wait to make these. Nothing beats a brownie. Except for maybe a brownie with ice cream.