These are some good recipes I've found through various sources. I am not a chef or food critic,
just a Mom who enjoys finding delicious recipes - so here they are.

And yes, just in case you wondered - any pictures you see here have been taken by my awesomely talented husband!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Taco Casserole


This is a recipe I got from my Mom. It's been changed a bit to include kidney beans (original called for 2 lbs ground beef).

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped
1 can kidney beans, drained
2 - 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. chili powder (more or less to taste)
12 corn tortillas
1 can cream of chicken soup
¾ cup milk
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Shredded lettuce

1. Mix ground beef and onion. Brown together until cooked, then drain off fat. Add kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, and salt to taste.

2. Let simmer a few minutes. While meat mixture is simmering, line a 9x13 pan with 6 corn tortillas. Cover tortillas with meat mixture. Cover meat mixture with 6 more corn tortillas.

3. In a separate bowl, mix cream of chicken soup with milk. Pour soup mixture on top of casserole. Top with cheddar cheese.

4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut in squares and serve on shredded lettuce.

I got this recipe from my Mom.

No comments: